Friday, September 19, 2014

Bargains or NOT!

The stories you are about to hear are true, only the amounts have been changed to protect the innocent, the innocent being me! 

Sometimes when I think I am getting a bargain, it turns out to not be such a great bargain after all! Can anyone relate? 

My 5 chairs for the low low price of $100.00.



NOT!

Annie Sloan Paint
New Fabric and cording 
Labor for upholstering

Approximately $400.00 for 5 chairs

My two pillows from eBay for the low low price of $20.00 each.


NOT!

Cases! Not pillows! My bad! 

Shipping
Inserts

Approximately $70.00 for two pillows much smaller than I thought!

Note to self: read description thoroughly before ordering! 

Will I allow these two purchase "fails" to deter my bargain hunting? 

NOT!









1 comment:

  1. I bought a chair with footstool that I did not need at a garage sale for $25 on a Saturday and took it to a Goodwill type place on Tuesday. At least I was smart enough not to waste time on it since I had no place for it. Your chairs look like they were a good candidate to paint the upholstery. you might try that next time.

    ReplyDelete