Friday, April 6, 2012

Dumpster Diving

Again!  This time, ME! Not him! 

I passed this vanity bench on the side of the road on my way to a lunch date with a friend a couple of weeks ago.  I was running late and didn't really have time to stop so I told myself I would pick it up on the way home.  And you and I both know it more than likely would not have been there!  So, yes, I turned around, went back to the house and loaded it up. 

The homeowner was outside so I made sure with her that it was ok for me to get it.  She said she was getting rid of it because it was broke and she was tired of waiting for her husband to fix it. 

I forgot to take a picture before we recovered the top, but here is the frame after being welded back together. 


Repaired!  It's under the cushion, so you can' see it.


The cushion was covered in a neutral upholstery fabric, almost the same color as the new fabric. 


 Can you see what I used to cover it?


Yep, burlap!  I already had the burlap so this little project cost zero dollars and zero cents!

No comments:

Post a Comment