Thursday, February 23, 2012

What A Difference A Hook Makes

I made this chalk board a few years ago.  I bought the old door frame in an antique store and paid entirely too much for it.  Now I know better.  Someone had painted it mustard yellow and the section where the chalk board is now held an 80ish floral fabric that was puffed out with pillow stuffing. I'm not sure I did a good job painting an acurate picture of what it looked like, but trust me when I say it was U G L Y all over!!

I painted the frame black, inserted a board that I painted with chalk paint and then placed two hooks on each side.  I never really liked the fleur-de-lis hooks, but it was never on the top of my list to replace them either.

I was at Hobby Lobby today with a friend.  She was looking for some hooks for the chalkboard I gave her when we spotted the one I placed on the right side of my board.  She bought two and I bought two.  Hers didn't work but I love mine.  I think they fit better and even match the wooden decal on the top better. What cha think? Better?



1 comment: