Friday, February 3, 2012

THIS, THAT, AND THE OTHER THING

For the past couple of weeks I've been working towards getting a few projects finished.  Notice I said TOWARDS!  Because I just can't ever seem to get there!   I bought these four placemats along with four coasters a few weeks ago at a consignment store in New Orleans for $20.00.  I picked up the placemats from the frame shop this week but they STILL need to be hung.


  Here are two of the coasters.  The backs of both the placemats and coasters have green felt on them.  I couldn't get a good pic, but it says: Lady Clare.  I'll post a better pic of the placemats after they get hung.




Another beautiful window treatment: (This is in my daughter's room.)


To match this one: (Yep!  My windows STILL look like this.)  I purchased the shades and fabric and that's about as far as I have gotten.   


I have a list a mile long to do in my daughter's room, but STILL have not gotten one thing finished.  I ordered carpet this week and almost backed out as soon as I found out what it was going to cost to carpet two 12 x 12 bedrooms.  But so glad I didn't when we pulled the old carpet up today.  Here is what was under it. This is sand, paper, and pieces of the carpet pad.  I was not brave enough to post a pic of the stained carpet.  One word: Disgusting! 
       

I feel like I'm spinning on a merry-go-round.  Going nowhere fast!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment