Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SLAP HAPPY

That's what I got last night with a paintbrush, slap happy.  With my headboard.  We bought this old barn door last year at a flea market for a great price, brought it home, and B.J. added some legs to it so we could use it as a headboard.  It is the perfect size for our king size bed.  It was already painted this kind of aqua color when we bought it and I liked it at the time, but for several reasons have changed my mind (imagine that). It looked good in a few places, portions of it looked spray painted, and other places where the raw wood was showing just looked dirty.  I was also having a hard time finding bedding to go with it.



I didn't take a good pic because my room is still in shambles from painting and sanding this silly thing in the wee hours of the night.  Which, by the way, was a VERY stupid thing to do.  Could I wait for B.J. to come home and help me take it outside where I could paint and sand without making a mess in the house?  Oh, no!  I got a wild hair that couldn't be tamed.  It still needs some work, but I've got to wait for some help to get it outside.  Because as Popeye would say, "I can't stands no more."


Even with more work to be done, I still think it looks better. Don't you?  My curtains are being made as I type and not by me YAH!  Hopefully I will have a room reveal before too much longer.

Links: http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2012/02/wow-us-wednesdays-52.html

No comments:

Post a Comment