Monday, February 6, 2012

My Weekend

Here's how I spent my weekend.  Hold on to your hats.  It got a little wild and crazy!

1 - Hung my newly framed vintage placemats.  They are in my bedroom where I created a sitting area/reading nook underneath them.  I will do a bedroom reveal as soon as I get a few more things finished in there: curtains made and hung, bedspread bought, everything out that belongs in the other two bedrooms (replacing carpet in those two rooms and had to move furniture out), and last but not least as soon as I learn my new camera so I can take some better pics.  I've had the camera since Christmas and have still not learned how to use it.


2 - Repainted the dresser that will go back in my daughter's room, actually I only painted the drawers.  It was already aqua.  I am going to dedicate a post to this dresser very soon.  It has an interesting story. 



Think my daughter will like her room?



3 - I like to paint trim.  And it's a good thing.  I have spent two weekends in a row painting baseboards and door frames. Last weekend at my MIL and this past weekend in daughter's bedroom.

4 - Cleaned and replaced her blinds.  Goodbye wrapping paper.

5 - The hubster painted three doors and replaced knobs.  For some reason the knobs on our three bedroom doors had gotten replaced in the past years with knobs that didn't match the rest of the house.  And my OCD kicked in and wanted them to match. 


6 - I also got caught up on laundry and ironing while the hubster replaced the wax seal on a toilet and replaced the filter on the ice-maker.  OK I think I'll stop here.  The excitement is getting too much for many of you to bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment