Monday, January 2, 2012

Hallway

My final post on the hallway.  Maybe.  For now at least.  We still have some trimming to do but for the most part we are calling it finished.  I am not in love with the rug we bought, but will keep it in there for now, at least throughout the winter.  I also want to hang more pictures, but that will come later.  I need to find something I like first. There is a thermostat in the middle of the wall where I need to hang something that I need to figure out how to work around.  For over 15 years this halltree has sat at the end of the hall, so I was more than ready for a change.  It now sits in my foyer waiting to be refinished.  It is very old and in very bad condition. 


At the end of the hallway now:






This hutch that I wanted to put in there did not fit. 


 I measured it wrong.  Imagine that? I'll show you a better picture of it in a future post.  We moved it into the master bedroom.  Still have big plans for it because it's just too plain.     

The dragonfly prints looked like this up until Saturday:



I didn't like the black frames so they got a makeover.  Here is a closer look at them. 



It took me most of the day to turn something new into something that looked old.  Here is one part of the process and the part where I was tempted to put them in my boxes ready for the Salvation Army.  They looked like they should be in a baby's nursery.  But I continued to layer and sand and layer and sand some more.  Finally I was pleased with the way they turned out. 


B.J. and I watched a program on t.v. this morning about a Disney Cruise ship.  They lifted it out of the water and did a complete makeover of the inside and outside in two weeks.  Less time than it took for us to finished one little bitty narrow hallway!!

Here is a better picture of the new floor.  I do not have a before pic because I couldn't bring myself to photograph and share the 18 year old carpet that was in there.  This is the concrete floor AFTER we took out the carpet.



Linking with http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2012/01/wow-us-wednesdays-47.html
                   No Minimalist Here

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Great job,I love the floors:))Thanks,Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete