Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Minding the Madness

I've always been an observer.  I am extremely mindful of how people act, what they say, how they say it, how they look...  Sometimes this can be a good thing and other times not so good.  I have been especially mindful of people this holiday season.  I watch the employees as well as the shoppers in town as they frown, grumble, fuss at children, etc.  Most of them appear to be insanely miserable.   I'm not sure why we allow ourselves to become so overloaded and miserable when this is suppose to be " The Most Wonderful Time of the Year".  

So... I have made it a point to put a smile on my face while I am out shopping even when I may not feel like it.

OR when the lady at the service desk was not ready to open this morning and I stood at the counter for ten minutes without her even acknowledging me or another lady while she opened her register appearing as if she would like for us both to disappear.

OR when the cashier threw my holiday cookie in the bag and I just knew she broke it.  And she did!  Hard to see here, but it has a crack running all the way up the right side.  And the bottom button is smashed.  This was going to be a gift.

OR when I got this:

AND got home to realize I had forgotten the gift boxes I bought because they were not bagged.  I am sure they were standing upright on the side of the buggy and I didn't see them.

Am I still smiling?  You bet!  I do not have to get back out into the madness!

Hooray and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment