Monday, August 22, 2011

Eager Beaver

My husband has "jumped" on this new venture bandwagon with me. I think he is more excited than I am. And he proved just that over the weekend!

 
I got out of bed bright and early Sunday morning to get my day going before my son and daughter-in-law got up. They were home for a short visit before starting back to school. (They live in Oxford, MS and are both in their senior year at Ole Miss.) I walked into the kitchen sometimes between 5:30 am and 6:00 am to find my latest project on the counter top getting a brand spanking new coat of paint by guess who. Yep, you guessed it! None other than the Beaver himself.

So...while there are no BEFORE pictures to post, only the AFTER pictures, you'll just have to take my word on it when I tell you how hideous it was (well, you know...BEFORE)!  It was actually the mirror off of an outdated dresser and the wood was very very dark.  After removing the mirror, replacing it with a chalk board, painting, sanding, and then painting and sanding some more, WALLAH:






Since we already had the paint and other supplies to transform this piece, the entire project cost us $5.00.  Can you believe it?  $5.00!!  We purchased it at a local flea market and the man selling it came down from his asking price of $10.00 before I could even get the money out of my purse. 

I was going to give him $10.00!!

BTW: I did not get mad at Mr. Eager.   We're in this together! And hopefully we will have many more projects in the future to take BEFORE pics of. 

SO UNTIL NEXT TIME...


No comments:

Post a Comment